LAKEWOOD, Colo.--April 2, 2012--CaridianBCT and Terumo Transfusion have become Terumo BCT. Terumo BCT is one of the largest, U.S.-based medical device companies focused on blood banking, transfusion medicine and cellular therapies.
Terumo BCT, a subsidiary of Terumo Corporation, is headquartered in Lakewood, Colorado. President and CEO of CaridianBCT, David Perez, retains his position serving as Terumo BCT's President and CEO. Perez was also named Chairman of Terumo Corporation's Blood Management Division on May 22, 2011.
- Terumo BCT was established through the integration of CaridianBCT and Terumo Transfusion, following Terumo Corporation's acquisition of CaridianBCT in April 2011.
- Terumo BCT, headquartered in Lakewood, Colorado, is the only Terumo Corporation subsidiary with its global headquarters located outside of Japan.
- Terumo BCT has 2,500 associates and customers in more than 120 countries and territories, with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
- Terumo BCT serves three primary customer segments: Blood Centers, Hospital & Therapeutic Apheresis Centers and Biotech & Cell Processing.
David Perez, President and CEO, Terumo BCT, and Chairman, Terumo Corporation Blood Management Division
"By listening to our customers and collaborating closely with them, we have the opportunity to unlock the potential of blood to make even safer, higher-quality transfusions available to more people around the world; to help blood centers operate at an even higher level of productivity; to enable an ever-wider range of diseases to be treated with blood therapies; and to help researchers develop cellular therapies that could fundamentally improve health care. The bottom line is that Terumo BCT has the potential to not only help our customers but to improve patient outcomes."
"This is an exciting moment for both companies. We have united two industry leaders, both strongly focused on customers and the patients we ultimately serve, with similar cultures and value systems. Both organizations, now Terumo BCT, share a passion for developing and delivering innovation to our global customers, and a commitment to quality and delighting our customers through continuous improvement in all we do."
- Terumo BCT Company Fact Sheet
- Terumo BCT About Us Presentation
- Terumo BCT Product Fact Sheet
- Terumo BCT Executive Leadership
About Terumo BCT:
Terumo BCT, a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, is the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
Terumo (TSE: 4543) is a global leader in medical technology and has been committed to “Contributing to Society through Healthcare” for 100 years. Based in Tokyo and operating globally, Terumo employs more than 28,000 associates worldwide to provide innovative medical solutions in more than 160 countries and regions. The company started as a Japanese thermometer manufacturer, and has been supporting healthcare ever since. Now, its extensive business portfolio ranges from vascular intervention and cardio-surgical solutions, blood transfusion and cell therapy technology, to medical products essential for daily clinical practice such as transfusion systems, diabetes care, and peritoneal dialysis treatments. Terumo will further strive to be of value to patients, medical professionals, and society at large.